Sunday 15 March 2009

Persona 4 makes everything about me hurt.


I started playing Persona 4 last night. This is the best/craziest game I have played this year. Words can't really describe it, but I'll try Giantbomb on Personas:

"Manifestations of a person's inner "self" or psyche. They can also be described as a character's alter ego or their shadow personality. These entities appear as famous and legendary characters in the world of mythology. Tremendous power hidden within each one."

Me on Personas:

Koda, you were the happy dream in a life that's been nothing but a hellish nightmare. says (16:05):
It's just good
but the fusion
oh god
right
you collect persona cards
to summon different ones
but then you can FUSE them into more powerful ones
like...
angel and uzobach into a giant horse thing
Koda, you were the happy dream in a life that's been nothing but a hellish nightmare. says (16:06):
but then you can TRIANGLE fuse
but every time you fuse they get different abilties
and then if its on the right day you get bonus exp
and if you have the correct SOCIAL links it gets more exp
and then I cry in a corner

More descriptions from me:

>Like I wanted to go and dungeon crawl
but then someone wants me to go out for steak
and im like
I CANT NOT DO STEAK
BUT I ONLY HAVE 4 DAYS UNTIL YUKIKO DIES
Koda, you were the happy dream in a life that's been nothing but a hellish nightmare. says (16:03):
WAIT THE WEATHER IS SUNNY SO ITS RAINY IN THE TV WORLD
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


What did I do last night on P4?

Started the game last night, and burnt 6 hours which flew by. Key points:

Nanako singing "Every days great at your junes"
Yosuke: "Arghhh, critcal hit in the nads"
Kou: "Haha, I LOVE THEM BALLS"
Funky Student: "Let me hit you up with another mind riddle ma' brotha'"
Teddy:" Fo'sho"

Basically, this is an awesome game, which I can't recommend enough. Awesome music, it's a hell cheap game and the concepts are great.

Oh, and basically, you can only do a number of things a day. You get a question at school in an attempt ro raise your intellect, then "After school" begins. From here you can either
>Do a dungeon crawl
>Do an after school soccer practise
>Do an after school band practise
>Spend time with someone to raise your social link
>Do part time work
>Use a capsule machine
>Eat tofu

Then it gets to "Evening" which is weird. You can either read a book to incease a stat, sleep and get a random chance to incease social links or....watch the midnight channel.

The best dream so far?
"You dreamt you had a dream where you and Chie wrestled in Luchador masks. You feel closer to Chie, the friendship deepened"

More to follow as I play daily.

No comments: