Monday 17 November 2008

Welcome to the fantasy zone! GET READY!

This is a rundown of the week. Enjoy

What have I been playing:

Strider-Sega

This game is awesome, if you haven't played it, go to hell. Basically you play...a dude with a giant Tonfa (Nightstick)...but it actually shoots out a giant blade which slices dudes in half. Shit's so cash. DID I MENTION THAT YOU ARRIVE IN SOVIET RUSSIA ON A HANG GLIDER FOR THE FIRST LEVEL? This game kicks so much ass, It's hard to even begin explaining how great it is.

Is it the music? Yes

Is it the blade? Yes
Is it the fact that for the first boss you fight a wrestler....then the entire Russian senate who turn into a giant robot wielding a hammer and sickle? FUCK YES

Everything about this game is excellent. Download it now. And look at the cover. Classic box art kicks ass.

Red Alert 3-PC

Not really much to say about Red Alert 3 really. If you are remotely into PC gaming at all, chances are that you have heard about the Command and Conquer series. This pretty much delivers on what the previous RA games did, but better. Do I like the blonde Tanya? No. No thank you sir. I prefer the red headed, "Shake it baby" classic Tanya that "Had a present for ya". Saying that, it's still cool. I don't know what the best part about this game is really, it really is greater than the sum of its parts. Basically, Soviet Russia (I feel a theme coming on here) decide to go back in time and assassinate Albert Einstein, which the premier does in awesome fashion. Oh and he's played by TIM CURRY, the worlds best voice actor after David Hayter( METAL GEAR?!). And you fight "The empire of the rising sun"-See: Japan. But not just typical Japan.....well, as typical as fighting Samurai soldiers, giant flying gundam mechas and a flying schoolgirl that rips apart tanks with her mind. Okay scratch that, it's TOTALLY typical Japan.


Final thought on Red Alert 2: Paratrooping armored war bears. Never did I think I would be putting that series of words together. But I'm pleased I did.






World of Warcraft: PC
No comment. Grindan, magican, farmen. The usual.

Barnyard Blast: DS

This game totally took me by surprise. I downloaded it because it was something about a pig. Which is cool. What it turned out to be is...something quite special. Basically, your son "Cliffy B" gets kidnapped at the start of the game when he is out searching a castle for treasure. Already great. As you leave the house, your wife stops you...to remind you to pick up some bread. Upon which she says "It isn't safe to go alone, take this", and gives you a whip. And a shotgun. And dynamite. AND a pistol. Wait maybe I didn't put them in order of how good they are. Whatever. This is a game quite akin to the Castlevania games, as can probably be guessed from the playstyle mentioned. But it's so delicously packed with humor and self referencial, and that's why it's great. After I defeated the first boss, I was rewarded with CONGRATULATIONS in big glowing text. Feels good man. Oh and then my guy goes "For great justice".

Fucking awesome.

I suppose that's it for the vidya. Other great things this week include, but are not limited to:

-Eating awesome burgers
-The semantics of zombies, post apocolyptic dogs, and Nazis invading the U.K
-Watching more Death Note
-Animé society, which is always a lark. Good people, good animé, good times. (FREDDIE!)

Noteable film:Hulk 2008

Watched the new Hulk film today. Shit rocked. GREAT story, they should make it into like, a comic or something. As much as it pisses me off to hear everybody say "Oh Edward Norton should be X role" because they saw him in Fight Club, think they can relate, and they are now a new radical, I actually agree for this. Not that I hate Edward Norton, he's top. Just people think he should be everything ever. He also has a great beard in this film. Oh, and when he gets purple stretchy pants? Brilliant.

The best part for me was probably the ending, just because he says "HULK SMASH". That was sweet. Because Hulk DOES smash, with extreme prejudice.
Well, until next week, keep it real, and be safe friends. Here's some Delicious Von Karma for you.
Max Payne awaits!

No comments: